- School Term
- Our annual school year is divided into Term 1 and Term 2.
- Assessment Weighting
- The first term (T1) and the second term (T2) weigh equally (50%) for the whole academic year.
- The Grades of Continuous Assessment (CA) and Examination (EXAM) account for 30% and 70 % of the Term 1 and 2 respectively.
- Follow-up of Exam Performance
- Our school has long been emphasizing the importance of students pursuing their studies seriously and trying their best to attain the academic level to their full potential. To help students develop good study habits, they are expected to identify their shortcomings after the exams and consolidate an understanding of the knowledge being assessed.
Therefore, those who fail to meet the expected standard in a particular subject will be arranged to retake the paper(s) until they meet the standard except open questions, such as writing, oral examination, Visual Arts, etc.). If students do their utmost, we firmly believe that they can meet the requirements. We look forward to collaborating with parents, for your child’s success in reaching the required standard.
- Promotion Criteria
- Grade D or above in at least two of the core subjects: Chinese Language, English Language and Mathematics; AND
- Grade B or above in all the four domains of conduct assessment: Confidence, Humility, Gratitude and Integrity; AND
- Punctuality rate not lower than 85%; AND
- Homework submission rate not lower than 85%.
- Grade D or above in at least two of the core subjects: Chinese Language, English Language and Mathematics, AND
- Achieve the attained grade in Citizenship and Social Development, AND
- Grade D or above in at least one of the elective subjects; AND
- Grade B or above in all the four domains of conduct assessment: Confidence, Humility, Gratitude and Integrity, AND
- Punctuality rate not lower than 85%, AND
- Homework submission rate not lower than 85%
If a student fails to meet the promotion requirements as stated above, he or she will:
- Be required to join the Summer Program and satisfy the required standard in the make-up assessments, before being promoted to the next level; OR
- Repeat the same level the following academic year; OR
- Be given special consideration according to his/her special reasons/needs.
- International examinations
- International Exams Committee provides opportunities for students to enroll in various English Language Proficiency Exams and Qualifications.
(IGCSE & Cambridge English Exams)
The Cambridge International Exam sets a global standard for education and is recognized by universities and employers worldwide. Not only is it truly international - but it also gives students more choices than any other international qualification. It also provides more subjects to choose from, more ways to learn and more ways to become successful.
Our school also provides in-depth exams practices for English Language Proficiency Exams that make learning English enjoyable, effective, and rewarding. Our unique approach encourages continuous progression with a clear path to improve language skills. We have qualifications for schools and higher education.
Through these opportunities students develop an informed interestedness and a lasting passion for learning. They also gain the fundamental skills they need for success at university and in their future careers.